Sending Data to Zapier
Before you can start sending data to our Business tools and Zapier you need to make sure you have a Zapier Account. To create one, navigate to the Zapier Website and follow any of their many signup buttons you should be able to create a free account immediately.
Once you have an account follow the steps below to start sending contract data to Zapier and then anywhere you want. In the example we set up, we send a PDF copy of a signed agreement.
Creating a Zap: Sending a signed copy of my Agreement to GDrive
- Go to Zapier: Navigate to Zapier and login in or sign up if this is your first time.
- Click “Make a Zap”: Once you’re logged in click on the “Make a Zap” buttons to enter their Zap builder.
- Title your Zap: On the top left corner provide a name for your Zap. In the example we use “Save signed NDAs to GDrive” but feel free to be more descriptive to your use case.
- Set Monax as your “Trigger”: In the first step of your Zap you need to define a trigger. This is an event that will send a trigger to any downstream actions by Zapier. In the search input start typing Monax and select the first one that appears.
- Select a trigger event: With Monax now selected, you should see another input to select the Trigger Event. For the example, we’ll use An Agreement Has Status but if you ever need to sync a Zap with an event or action within your agreement use the “An Agreement Event has occurred” Trigger. Then click continue.
- Authenticate with Monax: You now should be requested to sign in to Monax. Please follow the prompts to do so, and if there are any issues please contact our team. If this is the second Zap you’re creating feel free to pick and existing account from the dropdown presented to you. Once set please click continue.
- Set up trigger: In this step we’ll be able to choose what status of the agreement we would like this Zap to run against. If you open the drop down we can see they are quite a few agreement states that can generate actions for you. In the example we select “Agreement Agreed to (Signed)". This status occurs when all the required parties have signed the agreement.
- Test Trigger: The last step to set up your trigger is to give it a quick test. By testing it, it allows us to make sure a) everything is working and b) gives us a preview of the data we’ll be able to send as part of our second step.
- Add Google Drive: For this example, we’re adding Google Drive as the destination for this action. However, you can replace this with any app you’d like information from these agreements to be sent. To select any of them just begin typing their name in the input and select the first one in the dropdown.
- Select Action Event: Once you’ve selected your app you’ll be prompted to select a corresponding event. Generally this event will try to update or add an asset to the app you’ve selected. In the example, we choose the event “Upload File” so that we can create a new file in GDrive with a signed copy of our agreement. Alternatively, you could send terms from your agreement to a CRM or billing information to Stripe. It all depends on the workflows you’d like to create.
- Authenticate GDrive: Once your app is selected you’ll need to authenticate with that provider. Follow the steps laid out to sync up your app with Zapier.
- Set up Action: Now that you’re authenticate you can now format how you’d like information to be sent to the app. In the example, we first find the folder we’d like our files to be uploaded to, in this case it’s our Help Center folder. And then we are pulling the Download document from Monax by clicking the file input, searching the Monax section for “Documents Download Link Assembled” so that when this Zap is triggered it will transfer a copy of our PDF to GDrive. You’ll notice when we “search” the Monax Object in any of the dropdowns we can pull any information from our contract. Those can include names, emails, dates, terms which can all be funneled to generate marketing, sales or business intelligence campaigns.
- Test and Review: Once you provide all the relevant information you’re all set to test and review. Feel free to click either test button on the last section of your action. Once the test is complete, navigate to your app and make sure the content you were expecting is there. In the GDrive use case you should see a copy of your file saved to the folder you defined.
- Turn on your Zap: Lastly, now that you’ve tested and seen your agreement saved feel free to turn on your Zap. That way the next time all your parties sign an agreement it will be saved accordingly. If you’d like to do more testing, feel free to leave it off or send the test agreements to test accounts.
- Sync Monax and Zapier: Now that your Zap is all set up you need to do adjust one thing on your settings page to get everything functioning smoothly. Follow this link or click next below to read our article “Syncing Zapier and Monax”.